Thursday, June 17, 2010

Art Corner: Oregon artist’s images are haunting

I Become My Resting Place - Alan M. Clark

Alan M. Clark is an Oregon based artist, who the made the above painting and two others seen here. The first one, titled “I Become My Resting Place” inspired F. Paul Wilson in writing the story Anna. Later it was reused as cover art for Black October Magazine. I’ve never heard for any of them, but thought it would be worth mentioning. Anyway, first timers often misinterpret Alan’s images, only later to realize there is more to it than just some dead trees and branches. Actually, if you look closer you’ll notice not everything is as it seems. What I love about these pictures, is that you can easily imagine all kind of scary stories behind them. How would you interpret each?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you see and read here. This is an open forum.
Please keep it clean.