Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is a viable 3rd party going to upend the primary process?

Americans Elect

Americans ELECT plans to select an alternate presidential ticket through an online, open convention.

The group is attempting to ride exasperation with the nation's political leaders into a place on the ballot in all 50 states by 2012.

Its mission is to upend the traditional party primary process by selecting an alternate presidential ticket through an online, open nominating convention.

Okay. I’m excited. This is what I’ve promoted for decades. A viable 3rd party. But will they really make an impact?

That remains to be seen. The goal is bold, but the manner in which Americans Elect is pursuing its aims is highly unorthodox. Although it is attempting to qualify as a new party in California and other states, the group's legal designation is that of a nonpolitical, tax-exempt social welfare organization.

I’ll be keeping my eye on what happens with this group. Who knows? I may join it and bring my platform of ridding Washington of the rascals currently screwing us to them. They might even consider me a presidential possibility! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you see and read here. This is an open forum.
Please keep it clean.