Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Romney: ‘I’m not concerned about the poor’

mnbt9

You got to hand it to Mitt. He’s suddenly become a ‘straight shooter’ and is revealing his true feelings for poor Americans.

The following interview clearly shows how out-of-touch with most Americans Mitt is:

In an interview this morning, CNN's Soledad O'Brien asked Romney about perceptions that he doesn't understand the needs of average Americans. In response, Romney said:

“This is a time people are worried. They're frightened. They want someone who they have confidence in. And I believe I will be able to instill that confidence in the American people. And, by the way, I'm in this race because I care about Americans.  I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there. If it needs repair, I'll fix it.

I'm not concerned about the very rich, they're doing just fine. I'm concerned about the very heart of the America, the 90, 95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling and I'll continue to take that message across the nation.” 

When O'Brien followed on Romney's I'm-not-concerned-about-the-very-poor comment, the presidential candidate responded:

“The challenge right now – we will hear from the Democrat Party the plight of the poor, and – and there’s no question, it's not good being poor and we have a safety net to help those that are very poor.

But my campaign is focused on middle income Americans. My campaign – you can choose where to focus. You can focus on the rich. That's not my focus. You can focus on the very poor. That's not my focus.”

No Mitt…that’s not your focus. Your focus is on the rich who you relate to. There’s no doubt that you are trying to buy the presidency with the help of other rich corrupt interests. Your focus is to make the 1%ers even richer…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you see and read here. This is an open forum.
Please keep it clean.